Thursday, October 21, 2004

The Curse Lives On... The Curse of Jeff Nelson, That Is!

After his spat with Joe Torre in 2000 over being left off the all-star roster, Jeff Nelson, the great middle reliever for the Yankees was not resigned and became a Seattle Mariner. Upon leaving, he cursed the Yankees that their great run would end. How right he was!

Every year since then, the Yankees have done a great Atlanta Braves imitation. They've found ways to lose. And for the fourth year in a row, they're denied their rings. Oh baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can finally sit back and enjoy the World Series not having to worry about the Junkees ruining my year. Thank you, Yankees!

This year has made all my years of being a Yankee despiser worthwhile. Does it get much better than this?

And how about Mike Mussina, who joined the Junkees after 2000 to get his ring? Hey pal, your contract's gonna run out soon, and like Karl Malone joining the Lakers just for the ring, I hope you never get yours. Go do your crossword puzzles in the locker room, you preppie!

And A-Rod, go slap the ball out of Arroyo's glove, huh? A-Schmuck is exactly right.

Shemp Matsui, go back to Japan!

Jason Giambi, do we have to call the cops for all the money you stole this year? At least Bonds could still hit after getting off the juice...

Hey Cashman, how'd that 4-year $45 million contract for Javier Vazquez work out for you?

Hey Manny, wanna go to Boston and party?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was listening to Mike and the Mad Dog on the FAN yesterday before the game. Mike was going on one of his usual rants. In referencing Boston, he said, "It's not their year. It's just not happening this year". He repeated this mantra a few times and then went on to say that today is Mickey Mantle's birthday, so there is no way the Yankees will lose. I'm sick of his asinine comments. The guy is so full of himself. I can't wait to hear him crying on the air today. He's going to put his usual spin on it.
-The Hitman

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Yankee Despiser said...

Reminds me of his prediction a couple of years back that the Raiders would crush the Buccaneers in the Super Bowl. Final score: Bucs 48, Raiders 26. That's Mike for you. He's the ultimate Monday morning quarterback.

Zach said...

Before this season began, I told all of my friends that I felt that this would be the year that would restore my faith in baseball. That the Red Sox would win the World Series and that the Yankees would miss the playoffs. Well, they made the playoffs, but now I see it was simply to make the reaffirmation of my faith all the better, for it has included the Biggest Choke in sports history. At the end of Game 6, with Foulke facing Clark as the winning run, I turned to my mother and said 2 words. "I Believe." I repeated them often yesterday. There's really nothing like having faith.