Sunday, October 10, 2004

Those Damn Yankees! They Did it Again!

Why? Why do I subject myself to such torture? Why do I get my hopes up after the Twins take Game 1, only to have my heart ripped out once again? Why can't I have a relaxing ALCS, like I did in 2002?

Games 2 and 4 were pure heartbreakers. As usual, so many if-onlys. If only Joe Nathan gets out of trouble, if only Juan Rincon strikes out Ruben Sierra, if only... and on and on and on.

Couldn't they pull out Game 4 just to make the Junkees sweat a little in Game 5?

I HATE THEM! MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT IT! GET A FREAKIN' SALARY CAP! THE TWINS CAN'T AFFORD A 30-HOME RUN GUY, AND THE YANKEES #8 HITTER HITS 30 HOME RUNS A YEAR. UN-FREAKIN-FAIR!

Good, Yankee fans, your $190 million team beat the $60 million Twins. Feel good? Kind of like beating a three-year-old in an arm wrestle.

But Yankee despisers, have no fear - this is Boston's year, and when we beat New York, how sweet it'll be!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Feels great thanks...

GO YANKEES!!!