Monday, October 18, 2004

Whew!

What a game. What a game. What a game. I was going nuts from the tension. Thanks to David Ortiz's single off Esteban Loser, I can go to sleep. Till tomorrow night, that is.

a) I've had it with Pedro. Let George have him. I don't think it's a matter of him vs. the Yankees. I think his stuff isn't what it used to be. Look at his numbers this year and compare to last year. Above average? Yes. Pedro-esque? No.

In March, Peter Gammons said he saw a toughness in Pedro that he hadn't seen since '00. It sure didn't carry over in the numbers.

b) What a pleasure seeing the Flash flood and Mo blow again. I think Torre had a Grady Little moment in leaving Gordon on in the 8th. After Ortiz hit the homer, he should've gone straight to Mo.

Otherwise, I was disappointed that the Sox couldn't hit the Grand Tanyon, Felix Headcase, or Quantrill more than they did. If they want to win this thing, they've gotta batter those guys.

c) How much will Schill have in Game 6? Can the Red Sox figure out former #8 starter Jon Lieber? I thought this series was over, but it seems like it's just getting started.

d) Stat of the night: Jeter, A-Rod, Sheff, Shemp: combined 2-21. The Sox have to keep their bats quiet if they want to go anywhere.

No comments: