Tuesday, September 20, 2005

September 20th, and Still Not There

Like I said the other day, I'm taking this season one day at a time. Sure, the Junkees gained some ground on the struggling BoSox. And yes, they remain a game and a half behind the Indians for the wild card. But the bottom line is that they're still not in the playoffs if the season ends today.

I'm pissed off because it looked like Wang didn't have it, but the Orioles offense is just pathetic. I'm sorry, but Luis Matos doesn't put a scare in me.

There's not much else to say. You can't rely on the Red Sox to do anything because their pitching has been in the toilet. Aaron Small is on the hill tonight for the Junkees, while Shilling starts for Boston, and I bet some people would rather have Small pitch for their team than Curt. I wouldn't, because Small has to have his butt handed to him on a platter one of these days, and I wouldn't be shocked if today is that day. Oh, well. If the Junkees pull it off and make the postseason, I'll just become a soccer fan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

September 21st and still not there.

I rather like your "one day at a time" approach. Slim the lead may be, it's still a lead. And the Yankees are overdue for a cold streak. I'll keep on believing.