Thursday, May 11, 2006

A Beautiful Day in Yankee Despiser Land!

I have not been this happy in a long time. Hmm, let me count the ways.

(a) Jeter's error in the 1st. Nice.

(b) Shemp's streak is over! Listen, I have nothing personal against him and I hope he's okay, but that streak was ridiculous! Joe Snorre's hands were tied because he had no choice but to put him out there every day, and didn't want to tick off the Japanese media. And you knew he'd get all horny if Shemp ever approached Cal Ripken (even though the Japanese games don't mean squat anyway!) so I'm glad that's over with. Now watch the clowns in the booth go nuts when the Junkees win WITHOUT SHEFFIELD and WITHOUT SHEMP! Uh, Jeter? A-Schmuck? Giambaby? Ringo Posada? Hello? How many other teams have all those expensive free agents? But you know they will go bananas. Don't say I didn't warn you.

(c) Chacon - 5 walks, 1 strikeout. Excellent.

(d) Bernie Williams's error, allowing Boston to take the lead. Great.

(e) Charlie Brown. One inning, two hits, one run. Thanks for the insurance run!

What more can a Junkee despiser ask for?

No comments: