Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Yanks Bounce Back- Yankees 5, Red Sox 3

Today's one of those days where I've gotta tip my cap to Andy Pettitte. Truth is, I've always liked Pettitte more than most other Yankees. The guy seems like a genuine nice guy, and I still feel bad that George gave it to him for his kid wearing a Mets cap in the dugout years ago. And I like the way he got the heck out of the Bronx after '03. And last night, he got the job done.

Joba Chamberlain nearly lost it last night, allowing a couple of baserunners. J.D. Drew bailed him out, but let's face it - it wasn't pretty.

Anyway, I think Boston just needs one win in the series. Like this, they come out 7 ahead, a comfortable lead. And barring an utter collapse, seven games should be enough for Boston to grab their first division title since '95. So the Yanks' win last night is disappointing, but not painful.

But with another Mariners loss, the Yankee-free October is in jeopardy once again. I am not looking forward to next week's series.

- And Ian Kennedy will replace you, Moose.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think we should let the Yankees into the playoffs. It will most likely be a match up against they'e favorite team the Angels and well I don't even need to go down that road.

"One and Done" would be so much sweeter for Yankee fans to digest (okay sweeter for me to see them in pain). It would be the icing on the cake for them and their "not-so-great-season"!

or am I just a glutton for punishment?